Motorcycle helmets these days have developed a lot. If you check the market, you will see helmets available in round oval, long oval, and intermediate oval. Even after buying the right shape and the size, sometimes, the helmet gets too tight for us.
What can you do with a too-tight helmet? How can you make it fit better? How to make motorcycle helmet bigger if it is too tight? Yes, today, we will tell you how you can save your money from buying a new helmet if it is tight!
Step by Step Stretching the Motorcycle Helmet
Is motorcycle helmet stretchable? This is a common question and the answer is yes. The inner part of the bike helmet is made of pads. You can push the interior and make it larger. Now that question comes down to, how to make motorcycle helmet bigger for a perfect fit? Here are three methods of making it larger, take a look!
When you buy a motorcycle helmet, it usually does not come in a customized design. And so, it is tough for the helmet to fit your head perfectly. But keep in mind that if you get a helmet that is a little tight, you don’t need to loosen it. Instead, after wearing it for a while, it will loosen a little already. The best way to loosen the helmet a little is to wear it.
If you wear it for a long period, it will surely stretch. When you wear it for a long period, the memory foam inside the helmet will stretch. Then, it will take the shape of your head gradually. The pad inside is what pressing your head too much. Once the pad is a little loose, it will fit comfortably on your head.
Soccer Ball Stretching
Another easy way to stretch the helmet and make it bigger is to use a ball. Yes, in this method, if your helmet is too tight, you can easily learn how to make a motorcycle helmet bigger and a better fit! Check out the step by step process to stretch your helmet!
- First, you have to get your hands on any expandable. Here, we are using a soccer ball. Get a soccer ball and deflate the ball first.
- Once the ball is flattened, you have to take the ball and get it inside your tight helmet. And when the ball is inside your helmet, all you need to do is inflate it once again! When you inflate it, the ball will gradually get bigger. Do not go for too little air. Make sure that the air inside the ball is enough to fit tightly inside.
- And now, all you need to do is wait here. The expandable inside the helmet will do its work. As the ball is tight inside, it will push the helmet’s inner body. And slowly, the padding and the inner part will get loose. The best thing you can do is keep the ball inside for more than 24 hours.
- While leaving the ball, you can go for water sprays. With it, dampen the padding inside of your helmet. It will help you expand the helmet a little more! After you damp the padding with the soccer ball inside, keep it this way for 24 hours. If you can’t wait 24 hours, the whole night will do the work for you!
- When you are done with the 24 hours, you have to take out the ball. For this, once again, you have to deflate the ball while it is inside the helmet. Once you deflate it, you can take it out easily. Now, wear your helmet and check if it fits properly or not. If it doesn’t repeat the method and this time, with a little more air pressure inside the ball!
Motorcycle Helmet Fitting Guide – How to make sure your helmet fits properly!
If you want to make the helmet bigger so that you can fit better without pushing the interior padding and the helmet, you can settle for this method. Yes, straps are a great way to make the helmet a little larger and fit better than before. If the helmet’s too tight on your neck or chin area, you can easily stretch the straps.
This is an easy method; just the way you stretch a chewing gum, you have to hold it and stretch it. Do not stretch too much. Instead, we suggest you stretch it little by little regularly. Slowly, the straps will be loose and the helmet will be bigger for you!
Read More: Best Lightweight Motorcycle Helmet Review
There’s nothing that can make the helmet fit perfectly if you are choosing the wrong shape of your head. And this is the reason; we recommend checking before you buy. From the head shapes available to the right head measurement, check everything.
It will stop you from buying the wrong size! And if it is still a bit tight, the stretching methods for the motorcycle helmet are there to save you!